Here are five movies slated to release to theaters in March The Lasso recommends catching.
- “A Wrinkle in Time,” the beloved children’s book is coming to theatres March 9 and features Oprah Winfrey, Mindy Kaling and Reese Witherspoon as the three celestial guides. Bring the little ones along for the ride through space and time as Meg and her brother try to find their lost father.
- “Gringo” is a dark action comedy coming out March 9. The storyline follows Harold, an American businessman, through a venture to Mexico to market a marijuana pill. He tangles with Mexican drug lords, the Drug Enforcement Agency and more as the question remains: is this trip too much or will he come out ahead?
- According to my trusted source for movie insight, Blake Simmons, “Tomb Raider” (March 16), is going to be his next trip to theatres. He said, “I was a huge fan of the games growing up and now the movie producers are working with the game developers to make the experience more dynamic. Additionally, I’m excited to see what Alicia Vikander can do for the Tomb Raider franchise.”
- Based on a 2011 novel by Ernest Cline and coming out March 29, “Ready Player One” follows an international race between gamers to find Easter eggs in a virtual reality universe to win massive riches promised by the late creator. Directed by Steven Spielberg, this dystopian adventure is set to be the most exciting movie this month.
- “Pacific Rim Uprising” has generated some serious buzz from previous fans. In Earth’s war against the alien Kaiju, Jake Pentecost seems to be the last hope to fight against global extinction. With giant robots and aliens, this movie is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat.
Get your popcorn, and don’t forget that Movie Tavern of Denton offers student discounts if you bring your student ID.